Saturday, October 31, 2009

First One Up on Saturday

It's Halloween morning at Georgia Tech, and everyone is still in bed. You try to go back to sleep but you just can't seem to keep your eyes closed. You decide to get out of bed and do something but what?

While most students at Ga Tech are not familiar with this situation, it happens to me quite a bit. I'm always the first one to wake up in my room but I don't I don't want to do anything to disturb my roommates. I didn't have anything to do, so I went for a run to Centennial Olympic Park and I am so happy I did.

The park was almost completely empty which was pretty unusual. It was as if I had the whole place to myself and I could do whatever I wanted. I ran all around and through the park, past the open fields, the gigantic Fountain of Rings, the Reflecting Pool, and the Water Gardens. It was so amazing and peaceful there which was i big surprise to me because I didn't expect to find a place this calm and relaxing in a big and busy city like Atlanta. It was really interesting to be there by myself because I could take the time to notice every little thing the park had to offer. Also, I knew I was running where some of the most athlectically talented individuals had once been which was very cool to think about as I went through. I highly recommend to anyone who has not yet been to Centennial Olympic Park to go as soon as possible. It is definitely something you have to see and experience for yourself.

--Michael Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment