Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Historic Roswell.... an amazing place

I have decided to do my paper on Historic Roswell because it incorporates so many different aspects of life into one small area. Also, the history in Roswell has been spared because only the cotton mill was burned during the Civil War, but the houses and the church were left standing. These antebellum buildings now are home to restaurants and other small businesses. Originally, I said that a good neighborhood should have a sense of community, good school system, and be home to plenty of places of culture. After seeing Roswell, I have thought of some other requirements for a good neighborhood. Although, I think that it is so great to have unique stores and everything in close walking distance, I also think a town should be a short drive away from big chain stores, so that if somebody needs to go to a Kroger or a Gap, they can easily get there. Historic Roswell definitely meets this description because right on the other side of its quaint square, there is a much larger road with new, big stores right down the road. Also, before, I hadn't thought of history as a necessary component of a neighborhood, but I realized in Roswell, that its history adds so much to the homey sense of the town. Roswell offers distinct qualities that no other place can offer because no other city has shared in its past, and Roswell's history has been well preserved and is incorporated into everything. Overall, I love Roswell and everything in it from the Doggy Boutique to its historic graveyard. Everyhting is one of a kind there.
Molly Waller

No comments:

Post a Comment